We will be covering the following topics in the coming weeks, months, and years:
- Local medicinal plants and materia medica
- Foraging and wildcrafting information, ethics, and tips
- Exploring children's herbalism and community-based herbalism
- Talking about little-used local plants
- Herbal first aid and wilderness first aid
- Family-based herbalism and the herbal medicine chest
- Medicine making, herbal recipes, and how-to guides
- Herbal artwork and creations
About Star and Thorn
Star and Thorn are old names for two of our very favorite herbal allies: aster (star) and hawthorn (thorn). These two herbal allies have made a tremendous personal healing difference in our lives. Aster, of the New England variety, is a lung relaxant and lung tonic, and helped Dana rebuild her lungs and avoid asthma complications. Hawthorn is a herb of the heart, both physically and spiritually, and has been a lifelong friend and companions to us both.
Thank you for stopping by and joining us on our journey!